RESIN RIVER SERVING TRAY 2-PART DIY) - Part 1: Sat 9th March @ 11.00am & Part 2: Sat 16th March @ 11.00am
Our NEW Resin River Serving Tray 2-Part DIY Series! We are offering you the chance to learn the steps involved to create a Resin River Serving Tray using our Re-Useable HDPE Moulds! This Workshop will be a little different in that you need to return for Part 2 to learn the next steps to complete the final finishing components. Both sessions will approximately take 3 hours and...
Our NEW Resin River Serving Tray 2-Part DIY Series! We are offering you the chance to learn the steps involved to create a Resin River Serving Tray using our Re-Useable HDPE Moulds! This Workshop will be a little different in that you need to return for Part 2 to learn the next steps to complete the final finishing components.
Both sessions will approximately take 3 hours and will be hands-on, but is suitable for beginners with an open mind and willingness to learn some new skills & have a go! The purpose of our workshop is to give you the vital information and skills to be able to create larger pieces in the future. Minimum age: 15y.o. with supervising adult (supervisor doesn't need a ticket, only require ticket for number of people making a tray).
What you will get:
- A supportive and fun environment in which to learn new skills
- To create 1 x Resin River Serving Tray 295mm x 540mm
- Everything you need to pour your Serving Tray will be provided, including PPE.
- A discount on materials purchased on the day!
What you will learn:
- Uses of different types of resin and how to pick the right one for your project
- How to prepare timber & HDPE moulds for resin projects
- How to select and mix resin and add pigments
- How to sand / finish your pieces if applicable
- The skills and techniques to top-coat to finish off the Tray and all the tips & tricks to get the best results for your projects at home.
What to wear and bring
- Wear old clothes that can get messy and closed in shoes.
- An open mind and willingness to learn some new skills!
Price per person: $250inc GST per person
Price includes: Timber, Resin and Colour of your choice required to fill the river, and the use of our moulding supplies, and you will be supplied with handles for you to apply to finish the look at home.
You will have the option to either:
1. Collect your item once the first pour is cured and we have skimmed flat, to take it home to complete the top-coat/oiling and finishing clean-up yourself from the skills learnt in 2nd session, (with discounted products available at during the sessions); OR
2. We can assist with the final clean-up process for you after you have poured the top-coat in the 2nd session, for an extra charge quoted at the time.
Spots are extremely limited and Workshops will be two-part sessions held over 3 hours each and pre-registration is essential!
**We follow all manufacturer's recommendations when it comes to safety precautions when using resin, as per the SDS.
The FIBREFINISH team will provide safety information and PPE relevant to each individual class and by attending and participating you acknowledge the risks and that you have/will receive all necessary safety information.
If you have any questions or concerns prior to booking the team are available via email or phone to assist and a Safety Data Sheet is available for materials used in this session.
Please note: The resin used in this workshop requires 24 hours-48hours to cure hard enough to transport, so you will need to return the following business day to collect your timber if you’re looking to finish your project at home.
Spots are limited so ensure you pre-purchase your ticket below to secure your spot!
We predominately cater to local pickup for customers in Townsville, QLD. However we are happy to ship our products Australia-wide where possible.
Shipping costs are NOT calculated at the checkout. If you require shipping please select the Shipping option and we will contact you with a quote. Upon acceptance of the quote, Fibrefinish will issue the shipping costs in a separate invoice.
Unfortunately due to the sheer size of some products, their hazardous nature, or if a destination is too remote - we reserve the right to cancel an order that we are unable to ship.
A refund will be granted for orders that cannot be fulfilled due to this.
For any questions or to receive a quote in advance, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 07 4728 5225.