Let me start by saying I have never done a blog before and am as much excited as I am nervous.
Not because I know there will not be a huge following, but still a lot of opinions, but rather that my communication through text will be genuinely average haha.
If you have made it this far, thank you and I hope I can deliver value and if I am lucky enough you will follow us on this blog journey and see improvements and provide feedback.
Let me kick the first blog off with an introduction of myself and the business I have built over the last 10 years FIBREFINISH.
My Name is Chris Austin and I am a father of 2 wonderful children with my wife Janae in beautiful Townsville, North Qld. At the time I am writing this, it is 12 months on from one of, if not the worst, natural disasters the town has seen in the floods.
Janae and I along with a team of 4 other amazing staff (including my father) operate in my opinion, Australia’s most versatile composite material distribution company.
Sound arrogant? Maybe, but I am happy to stand corrected if we can find another business that can offer the largest quality range of composite materials from a range of manufacturers, accessible industry knowledge and training from qualified composite technicians and shipwrights for both D.I.Y and trade customers. Let alone investing in ways to offer better productivity and service for our customers with in house CNC routers and 3D digitizing capabilities.
Sounds impressive when I read it back to myself….I personally ran a repair and manufacturing shop for 8 years before hanging up the tools to help service a market that was monopolized by a big company that in my opinion lacked one key element that has given us the leverage in the industry… providing solutions to the customer, based on what they need and continuing to support them even after the sale has been made.
As I progress with these blogs, I would love to cover a range of topics including:
- How the company I once supported when I had the repair business transformed our business into what we do today and how I have seen the industry change over the last 10 years.
- Discuss how our once competitors have taken the transition to us now becoming a distributor and how we have shown them our intentions are only good.
- Making the investment into equipment whilst still being very green and how it transformed our business to the next level.
- The introduction of Thermo-Lite into the Australian Market and how we became the leading re-seller in the country.
- A range of tutorial/informative related topics for rebuilding boats, creating resin art and other trending topics in the industry.
These are just a few of the topics we will cover along with a series where we introduce you to people in the industry and share their experiences and knowledge to help you build your confidence in tackling that next D.I.Y project or give you the confidence to chose Fibrefinish for your next order.
Once again, thank you for sticking in there with me so far! And I look forward to expanding on this format to help build both the “Transformation Tuesday” Community and my communication skills through text.
Blog you next time?.... I’ll sort some sort of sign-off thing out as we progress…